Will Writing & Estate Planning
A Will lets you protect your family’s inheritance and decide how your assets are shared out – If you don’t make a Will, the law says who gets what.
We have a Bristol-based team of legally trained Will Writing consultants who provide a home visiting service and can take your instructions in the comfort of your own home.
Standard fee for single or pair of mirrored Wills £99*
If you make a gift to the BDCH then we waive the fee !
(Terms & Conditions Apply)
Leaving a Gift in your Will
If animals have given you a lifetime’s pleasure, why not help ensure their future by leaving a legacy to us in your Will?
Bristol Dogs and Cats Home depend largely on funding from legacies. Any amount, large or small, will be put to excellent use. You don’t have to be wealthy to leave us money in your Will. Every penny counts when helping animals in need and a large proportion of our income comes from small legacies from caring people.
Making a Will is a straightforward and non-costly process, although it is important to obtain specialist advice. Please remember that we are an independent charity and therefore separately registered from the National RSPCA. If you want your gift to benefit local animals you must specify our registered charity number (205858) Bristol Dogs & Cats Home.
And remember, gifts to registered charities are exempt from inheritance and capital gains taxes!
About Bristol Dogs & Cats Home
- Bristol Dogs & Cats Home is part of the RSPCA Bristol Branch based in St. Phillips.
- Although a Branch of the RSPCA, they are an independent charity and therefore entirely reliant on funding from the public to meet their annual running costs of £1.7 million.
- Bristol Dogs & Cats home was founded in 1887 and has helped care for Bristol’s stray dog and cat population ever since. They are part of our heritage.
- Animals arrive at the Home for many reasons such as a change in their owners circumstances, they were found, they were found straying*, they are a victim of cruelty and neglect, or sometimes because they are simply not wanted anymore.
- Bristol Dogs Home also cares for many smaller animals such as rabbits, ferrets, rats, guinea pigs and birds.
- At any one time they are home to approximately 100 dogs, 50 cats and more than 60 small animals but unfortunately as accommodation is generally full to capacity, there is often a waiting list of animals needing their help.